How can I tell which ink cartridge is the one low in ink? My printer is an HP Office Jet 4622? (311 Views)
Student
roym77
Message 1 of 2 (311 Views)

How can I tell which ink cartridge is the one low in ink? My printer is an HP Office Jet 4622?

How can I tell which ink cartridge is the one low in ink?  My printer is an HP Office Jet 4622?

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 2 (292 Views)

Re: How can I tell which ink cartridge is the one low in ink? My printer is an HP Office Jet 4622?

Hi Roy,

Most of the time, when you have the Full Feature Software installed for your printer, the Solution Center (included in the software) can be set to give you "ink level alerts".  If that particular feature is not available, you should still be able to use the Solution Center to find the ink levels in one of the Tool Box items available in the Center.

(Re)install the basic driver or HP Printer Full Feature Software or other software for your printer:

Drivers control hardware connected to the computer (wired or wireless).

Software controls the programs that interact with the User.

HP Officejet 4622 e-All-in-One Printer

• Enter your Printer Model information, and
  • then go to Software and Drivers...
  • Enter your Operating System in the Drop-down menu...  Click NEXT and Scroll down
  • Look for category Driver - Product Installation Software
  • Select the appropriate Basic Driver, e-print, or Full Feature Software, as appropriate
  • Save the *.exe installation package on your computer

Optional:

• Look for category Utility – Diagnostic Tools
  • Select “HP Print and Scan Doctor” – Save the package on your computer.
  • NOTE the name and the location of the file(s) when you save the file(s).  The *.exe file(s) will likely save to the "Downloads “folder.
  • Install the Software / Driver installation package(s).  Install Utilities first, if applicable.
  • If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package and “double-click” to install it, else Right-Click, Select ‘run as Administrator’ and install.

NOTES

• Download and install the driver software before connecting the USB cable.
  • After the initial installation is complete, be sure to check for and install any relevant updates  - check Category  - Update

IMPORTANT:

There is usually a lot of information at the printer's website, including manuals, Descriptive and helpful how-to pages, and alerts for your printer.  Be sure to take an extended look at what is available.

Extra help for setting up your Wireless Printer:

Reconfiguring your printer

Troubleshooting Your Printer - Network

Video Help in installing your wireless Printer:

How to install an HP Printer in a Wireless Network Using an Access Point in Windows 7

HowTo: HP Full Feature Printer Driver Install in Windows 7 (USB)

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation