01-12-2013 04:04 PM
Most of the time, when you have the Full Feature Software installed for your printer, the Solution Center (included in the software) can be set to give you "ink level alerts". If that particular feature is not available, you should still be able to use the Solution Center to find the ink levels in one of the Tool Box items available in the Center.
(Re)install the basic driver or HP Printer Full Feature Software or other software for your printer:
Drivers control hardware connected to the computer (wired or wireless).
Software controls the programs that interact with the User.
- Go to
the top of the forum page to Support and Drivers
- Enter your Printer Model information, and
- then go to Software and Drivers...
- Enter your Operating System in the Drop-down menu... Click NEXT and Scroll down
- Look for category Driver - Product Installation Software
- Select the appropriate Basic Driver, e-print, or Full Feature Software, as appropriate
- Save the *.exe installation package on your computer
- Look for category Utility – Diagnostic Tools
- Select “HP Print and Scan Doctor” – Save the package on your computer.
- NOTE the name and the location of the file(s) when you save the file(s). The *.exe file(s) will likely save to the "Downloads “folder.
- Install the Software / Driver installation package(s). Install Utilities first, if applicable.
- If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package and “double-click” to install it, else Right-Click, Select ‘run as Administrator’ and install.
- Download and install the driver software before connecting the USB cable.
- After the initial installation is complete, be sure to check for and install any relevant updates - check Category - Update
There is usually a lot of information at the printer's website, including manuals, Descriptive and helpful how-to pages, and alerts for your printer. Be sure to take an extended look at what is available.
Extra help for setting up your Wireless Printer:
Video Help in installing your wireless Printer:
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?