Question

Top Student
howdysmom
Message 1 of 6 (2,208 Views)

How do I get rid of the lines that appear across my photos when I print them?

Lately when I print photos with my HP Photosmart premium  C410 printer, I get lines across the photo.  What causes this and how do I fix it?  I have cleaned the printheads.

Professor
Daniel_L
Message 2 of 6 (2,203 Views)

Re: How do I get rid of the lines that appear across my photos when I print them?

Hey howdysmom,

You may want to take a look at this article to get thsi issue resolved;
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01622189&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

Alot of the time the glass scan strip and white plastic strip need to be wiped/cleaned to fix the issue. I'd still recommend going through the other steps though!

Hope this helps!

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Top Student
howdysmom
Message 3 of 6 (2,200 Views)

Re: How do I get rid of the lines that appear across my photos when I print them?

This is good stuff, but it does not happen when I copy, fax or scan...just when I print photos.
Professor
Daniel_L
Message 4 of 6 (2,199 Views)

Oh!

You may want to try a printer alignment since you already cleaned the printheads.

• Load plain white paper in the input tray.
  • On the product control panel, press Setup ( ).
  • Press the Down Arrow button ( ) to select Tools , and then press OK .
  • Press the Down Arrow button ( ) to select Align Printer , and then press OK .
    The product aligns the printheads. When the alignment is complete, the product prints an alignment page.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Top Student
howdysmom
Message 5 of 6 (2,187 Views)

Thanks for the help.  What I found to be the problem was THE PAPER!!!!  Although I was using HP premium paper, the problem went away when I used card stock.  Go figure.

Professor
Daniel_L
Message 6 of 6 (2,181 Views)

Glad to hear you got it fixed! Post back if there's any other issues, friend!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation