Question

Honor Student
asher64
Message 1 of 5 (2,148 Views)

How do I know if my printhead needs replacing?

Hi

I have aPhotosmart wireless all in one printer B 110a which I bought just over a year ago so the warrranty has run out.

I have been having problems printing with the black ink which behaves as if the ink had run out although the  system said it was half full.  I cleaned the printheads several times (including the deep clean) it would then print one page OK but the subsequent pages would get worse.  I tried a new cartridge which was fine at first but is now doing the same even though it is 3 qtrs full.  The three colours are fine.  I printed a print quality diagnostic report which showed the black fading.

I did have a paper jab (but cannot recall if it was before or after this problem started). Could that have damaged the printhead?

How do I know if the printhead is damaged and how do  I get a replacement?

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 2 of 5 (2,122 Views)

How do I know if my printhead needs replacing?

What type of printer do you have?
I see that you did a deep cleaning with the print head and it worked for a moment. You should try to MANUALLY clean the print head. Take the print head out, and clean with lint free cloth and water.

Also if you would like to get a print head replacement, you can look one up online at (http://goo.gl/fCJua). You can also contact HP (1800-474-6836).
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Honor Student
asher64
Message 3 of 5 (2,121 Views)

Re: How do I know if my printhead needs replacing?

The printer is a Photosmart wireless all in one printer B 110a.

I have tried the manual clean, and now it is even worse.  The website you gave me is US based and I am in the UK, But i have checked and we have a supplier locally who can order one for me.  I will be buying the new printhead regardless as I cannot afford to be without a printer this close to Christmas.  I just hope that it solves the problem.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 4 of 5 (2,111 Views)

Hi asjer64, one thing you could try is the printhead soak that Bob recommends.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-printing-questions/Photosmart-Premium-c309a-Black-prints-out-gree...

If it doesn't work then you could go ahead with buying a new printhead at the HP Part Store.

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwhowtobuy.html

Might be worth a try anyway.

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
asher64
Message 5 of 5 (2,091 Views)

Thanks Ciara

It fixed it for a few printouts but them went off again, the new printhead should arrive tomorrow so hopefully I can get some work done with the worry.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation