How do I replace the printhead on the officeJet 6700? (1913 Views)
Honor Student
mrcarovil
Message 1 of 3 (1,913 Views)

How do I replace the printhead on the officeJet 6700?

I was told the printhead needs to be replace on My officejet 6700.  I can't find where I can order the printhead and how to install it.  HP support said because I use a non standard Ink cart that it damaged the printhead. Can anyone help.

Mike

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 2 of 3 (1,888 Views)

Re: How do I replace the printhead on the officeJet 6700?

I am sorry to hear that you are having that problem with the printer.The printhead on the Officejet 6700 is a non replaceable part as that cannot be removed from the printer.  At this point one would be looking at product replacement. 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Honor Student
jsmurd
Message 3 of 3 (167 Views)

Re: How do I replace the printhead on the officeJet 6700?

When I turn mine on, I get an Error message that says "There is a problem with the printer or ink system. Turn printer off, then on. If problem persists, contact HP. 0x610000f6". I've tried everything that the HP troubleshooting document has said except replacing the ink. It said there is a possibility that this Error could be caused by a damaged ink cartridge. Would it be worth it to purchase a new set of inks to see if that is the problem or is it indeed the printhead that's gone bad? My printer is out of warranty.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation