Question

Student
J-King
Message 1 of 5 (467 Views)

How do i set my hp laserjet cp1025nw to economy print.

Please help i only used this thing for 2 weeks and my black cartrage went down 30% and my yellow 10% i printed 95 pages for black and 36 for yellow is this normal?  If it is i also want to know how to get it on economy settings if possible!

Associate Professor
stix4
Message 2 of 5 (450 Views)

Re: How do i set my hp laserjet cp1025nw to economy print.

Hello,

Thanks for the post.  On this one, you have several options, I've included the link below.  You can go into the printer settings and change the presets there for the type of printing that you are doing.  Good Luck!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02474342&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4052972&tmp...

I worked for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

Top Student
I_have_CP1025nw
Message 3 of 5 (168 Views)

The article above was taken down so I don't know if that could have helped, but I have a Mac and I really want to be able to turn on Economy Mode, or lower the resultion, or do anything to save some toner and the only 2 options I get under the Print Quality are 600DPI and imageRET2400 which both look great but way better than I need it too and uses up a lot of ink. Under the color option it's just RGB Vivid and Photo which both seem like they would not be any lower quality. I have read through so many forums and no one seems to have an answer. PLEASE HELP ME.printqualityscreen.tiff

Associate Professor
stix4
Message 4 of 5 (156 Views)

Hello I_have_cp1025nw,

Thanks for the post.  Great question, sorry the link is busted now though because if memory serves correct, that was a great document.  I was able to locate this within the User's Guide.  Check #5 below.  Good Luck!

Adjust color
Manage color by changing the settings on the Color tab in the printer driver.
Change the color theme for a print job
1. On the File menu in the software program, click Print.
2. Click Properties or Preferences.
3. Click the Color tab.
4. Select a color theme from the Color Themes drop-down list.
● Default (sRGB): This theme sets the product to print RGB data in raw device mode. When
using this theme, manage color in the software program or in the operating system for correct
rendering.
● Vivid: The product increases the color saturation in the midtones. Use this theme when
printing business graphics.
● Photo: The product interprets RGB color as if it were printed as a photograph using a digital
mini lab. The product renders deeper, more saturated colors differently than with the Default
(sRBG) theme. Use this theme when printing photos.
● Photo (Adobe RGB 1998): Use this theme with printing digital photos that use the
AdobeRGB color space rather than sRGB. Turn off color management in the software
program when using this theme.
● None: No color theme is used.
74 Chapter 7 Color ENWWChange the color options
Change the color options settings for the current print job from the color tab of the printer driver.
1. On the File menu in the software program, click Print.
2. Click Properties or Preferences.
3. Click the Color tab.
4. Click the Automatic or Manual setting.
● Automatic setting: Select this setting for most color print jobs
● Manual setting: Select this setting to adjust the color settings independent from other
settings.
NOTE: Changing color settings manually can impact output. HP recommends that only
color graphics experts change these settings.
5. Click the Print in Grayscale option to print a color document in black and shades of gray. Use
this option to print color documents for photocopying or faxing. You can also use this option to
print draft copies or to save color toner.
6. Click the OK button.
Manual color options
Use manual color options to adjust the Neutral Grays, Halftone, and Edge Control options for
text, graphics, and photographs.
ENWW Adjust color 75Table 7-1 Manual color options
Setting description Setting options
Edge Control
The Edge Control setting determines the rendering
of edges. Edge control has two components:
adaptive halftoning and trapping. Adaptive
halftoning increases edge sharpness. Trapping
reduces the effect of color-plane misregistration by
overlapping the edges of adjacent objects slightly.
● Off turns off both trapping and adaptive halftoning.
● Light sets trapping at a minimal level. Adaptive halftoning is on.
● Normal sets trapping at a medium level. Adaptive halftoning is
on.
● Maximum is the most aggressive trapping setting. Adaptive
halftoning is on.
Halftone
Halftone options affect color output clarity and
resolution.
● Smooth provides better results for large, solid-filled print areas
and enhances photographs by smoothing color gradations. Select
this option when uniform and smooth area fills are important.
● Detail is useful for text and graphics that require sharp
distinctions among lines or colors, or images that contain a
pattern or a high level of detail. Select this option when sharp
edges and small details are important.
Neutral Grays
The Neutral Grays setting determines the method
for creating gray colors used in text, graphics, and
photographs.
● Black Only generates neutral colors (grays and black) by using
only black toner. This guarantees neutral colors without a color
cast. This setting is best for documents and grayscale viewgraphs.
● 4-Color generates neutral colors (grays and black) by combining
all four toner colors. This method produces smoother gradients
and transitions to other colors, and it produces the darkest black.

I worked for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

Top Student
I_have_CP1025nw
Message 5 of 5 (150 Views)

Hi Stix4,

Thanks so much for the insight. The only issue is that I don't want to print in complete black and white, I was just hoping to print with limited color. Such as (as I used on my older InkJet printer) Fast Draft or Draft Mode, or even going to a "Low Quality" or "Low resolution" mode. Pretty much I need to be able to identify which color is which but besides that I want to use as little color (and as much grayscale) as possible. I did find through your post that if I turned the RGB option to None (as opposed to "RGBdefault"), it seemed to print with less ink usage, but it is still so much higher quality of a print than I need, I feel like there must be something else I can do. 

Thanks again Stix4! And you or anyone else has any ideas or suggestion please let me know. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation