Question

Student
Jorundr
Message 1 of 2 (1,427 Views)

How to clean print heads - HP photosmart D6160

Hello,

Since I replaced the black ink I have been having issues with printing, every second line printed seems to be in bold and blothcy at the edges.

So after some research I came to the conclusion that it must be the print heads, so I wanted to clean them, but when I looked under "services" under "printing perferences" I noticed that there were only 2 options; 1. Align the print cartridges and 2. Clean the print cartridges, nothing about print heads, and I could swear that I've seen the option "clean the print heads" before.

I did look for possible drivers that I could have been lacking, but there seem to be none for my product under Windows 7 (64bit).

Please help, Is there any other way to clean the print heads?

Regards,

Jorundr.

Honor Student
rayccole
Message 2 of 2 (1,405 Views)

Re: How to clean print heads - HP photosmart D6160

I have been going through cleaning printheads so I can give you the result of my work. Just go to Google and tyoe in your printer type and the words clean printhead. You can also benefit from the following URL;

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSe...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation