Question

Top Student
driveway88
Message 1 of 4 (3,373 Views)

How to manually reset the ink level after the cartridge is refilled on the HP 3050A Printer?

I have an HP printer 3050A. I recently refilled a black cartridge and it works fine. However, the cartridge ink level is still displayed low in the display panel. Can the user manually reset the cartridge ink level after the cartridge is refilled? Thank you for your answer.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 4 (3,361 Views)

Re: How to manually reset the ink level after the cartridge is refilled on the HP 3050A Printer?

Hi,

You cannot reset the ink level, a such may won't be available for a refilled or non-hp supply:

NOTE:If you installed a refilled or remanufactured cartridge, or a cartridge that was used in another printer, the ink level indicator might be inaccurate or unavailable.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02049595&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5061082&tmp...

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
driveway88
Message 3 of 4 (3,351 Views)

Re: How to manually reset the ink level after the cartridge is refilled on the HP 3050A Printer?

When a new cartridge is installed, the printer can display the cartridge ink level full. If the cartridge is refilled to full, the printer cannot detect it but still displays low. Can anyone explain how the printer detects the cartridge ink is full or low?

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 4 of 4 (3,325 Views)

Hey driveway88,

I see you are inquiring about how the ink level system works in the Deskjet 3050a.  There is a chip in the printer cartridge that is used for estimating ink levels.  It is programmed for a certain value of ink in the cartridge and estimated amount of ink used when printing a page.  Based on number of printouts it is able to estimate the ink level remaining in the cartridge.  When the cartridge is refilled the chip isn't set back at a full value.

The printer doesn't use active sensors to check for ink levels and this is why a refilled cartridge will not register properly for ink levels.  Hope this helps to explain the issue.

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation