Question

Student
zampaq
Message 1 of 2 (9,435 Views)

How to print black using color ink

I am low on black ink at the moment but have a full color cartridge. I realise what I wish to do is more expensive than usual but right now I need to print quite a few documents in black but dont think I've enough black ink to do the job. I have an HPDeskjet 2050 3 in 1 printer/scanner and I cant find an option to select to use color to make black. If anyone knows how to do that on this printer please let me know otherwise "I got me some 'splainin to do" tomorrow at work.

Thanks

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 2 (9,431 Views)

Re: How to print black using color ink

Hi,

Probably you know: mixing many colors together can be white or can be black depending on how we mix them up. There are 3 things on normal printer: grayscale, black only and grayscale off (ie color). I'm not a painter but I believe grayscale will mix colors for you rather than black only.

3sel.png

Just my 2 cents.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation