How to print in black and white only? (57791 Views)
Tutor
killer22
Message 1 of 27 (57,791 Views)

How to print in black and white only?

Hello,
I have HP Color Laserjet cp1515n. I downloaded and installed "HP_CP1510_series_full_solution_EMEA3-v4.0" from HP's website for the driver. 
When printing (in the properties for the printer) there is no option whether to print in black and white only or not. Please help me get that option. And please tell me how I can save toner.
Thank You

I have windows xp 

Associate Professor
Daniel_L
Message 2 of 27 (57,729 Views)

Re: How to print in black and white only?

Hello!

You can get this accomplished within most word/printing applications or preferences by selecting 'Greyscale' printing or black and white only.

You can find an article related to this function with more details here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01514143&tmp_task=useCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lang...

Hope this helps!

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Tutor
killer22
Message 3 of 27 (57,724 Views)

Thank you for you're reply.
"Click the 
Color tab, select the Print in Grayscale checkbox, click Apply , and then click OK ."
I don't get the Color tab! That's the problem! 

Associate Professor
Daniel_L
Message 4 of 27 (57,720 Views)

Which word application are you utilizing?

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Tutor
killer22
Message 5 of 27 (57,718 Views)

Adobe reader and open office. I don't even get the color option when I want to print web pages... Its just not there
Associate Professor
Daniel_L
Message 6 of 27 (57,702 Views)

If you click your start button, go to devices and printers (this may be within your control panel if not there), then select printing preferences, do you see the option for black & white only there? This may also be listed as grayscale.

Tutor
killer22
Message 7 of 27 (57,694 Views)

"do you see the option for black & white only there?"
No. There is no option for black and white. There is no mention of color anywhere.

Associate Professor
Daniel_L
Message 8 of 27 (57,688 Views)

killer,

I'd suggest visiting this page then:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=34224...

Some important things would be to ensure you have the latest print driver installed, utilize the print diagnostic tool, and check out the HP Basic Color Match software.

Tutor
killer22
Message 9 of 27 (57,677 Views)

Thank you so much for replying.
"

Some important things would be to ensure you have the latest print driver installed, utilize the print diagnostic tool, and check out the HP Basic Color Match software."
I do have the latest driver installed.
The print diagnostic tool tells me that everythings fine.
 HP Basic Color Match software says that my printer isn't supported.

Associate Professor
stix4
Message 10 of 27 (57,658 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for the post.  With this one, if you have not already, I might recommend checking the steps in this doc.  If you don't have access to those tabs, then we don't have the correct printer driver installed or printer selected.  You should have these options.  Good Luck!

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01514143&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3422468&tmp...

I worked for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation