Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro X451DN
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I need to replace the printhead, I received the replacement but I don't know how to get to the printhead.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@dblair9044,

If I am not wrong,you are referring to replacing ink cartridge since print head for this printer is not replaceable.

Please refer to the below link for the step by step guide of replacing ink cartridge.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=5043045&docId=emr_na-c03622870&docLocale...

-Bryan-

*I am an HP employee.I am speaking for myself and not for HP*
** Please click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it **
***Give Kudos to say "Thanks" by clicking on the thumbs up button under my name***
HP Recommended

If the printhead is not replaceeable why did HP sell me a replacement printhead??

HP Recommended

@dblair9044,

Are you referring to ink cartridge or print head? If you need help with chaning the cartridges, you could refer to my previous post.

If you do not mind, could you tell me more about the background of the problem to help you further?

-Bryan-

** Please click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it **
***Give Kudos to say "Thanks" by clicking on the thumbs up button under my name***
HP Recommended

Hi Bryan

I am getting an error message that says damaged printhead error code 0xc6fd0413. I contacted HP Parts thinking I could replace the printhead like any other HP Printer. HP Parts told me that the part number was CN643A. I bought the Exchange printhead and when I received it it no way looked like it would be for the Pro X451DN, and it wasn't'.

This morning I contacted HP Parts and they finally sent me a RMA to return it. I then finally got ahold of Tech support (which everyone told me to call 800-227-8164 option # 1), when you call that number you are told to go to hp.com/contact us. I believe that they are going to send me a replacement printer. The bottom line is that to return the part and get through to tech support took me 2 hours.

Thanks for answering the question and at least letting me know that the printhead is not DYI campatable.

Thanks

Dale

HP Recommended

@dblair9044,

Thank you for sharing the background and I am glad to hear that your issue is resolved now.

For your reference, please take a look at below linkfor customer self repair parts for Officejet Pro X451dn.

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=5043045&docId=emr_na-c04655321&docLocale...

Cheers,

Bryan

HP Recommended
Bryan I have the same HP printer it's only 4 months old and it says the error code 0xc6fd003 Printhead damaged. Can you help?
HP Recommended

@cwilson1,

For the error you're seeing, please "Tturn the product off and then on" again. 

If you're still seeing the error, please contant HP Support of the country you're located in. You may refer to the below page for phone numbers.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Best Regards,

Bryan

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.