Question

Student
portaadonai
Message 1 of 3 (11,560 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to turn off, disable, or reset ink level warnings and messages

[ Edited ]

I have spent hours on the internet trying to figure out how to turn off, disable, or reset ink level warnings and messages. The ink cartridges I bought are not expensive HP brands, but reasonably priced generic print cartridges. They work great, and I have no issues printing. But HP apparantly has gone through a lot of trouble making it difficult for customers to disable the annoying low ink level warnings that pester you every single time you try to print a page. Regardless of whether the ink cartridges are completely full. This is obviously an attempt to punish consumers who buy anything other than the HP products. I am about to swear off to never, EVER, buy another HP product again. I am also on the verge of posting horrible reviews on Amazon, Ebay, New Egg, and every other place I can think of to warn potential customers of this despicable behavior from HP.

Model: CN219A

Serial number:[Personal Information Removed]

Name: HP Photosmart Plus B210e series (Network)

Windows 7, printer is on my wireless network.

If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know, before I take a sledge hammer to my HP printer. Thanks

HP Support Agent
Advance23
Message 2 of 3 (11,506 Views)

Re: How to turn off, disable, or reset ink level warnings and messages

Hi portaadonai,

I would like to help you with your ink pop up troubles. Open this link by wade1027 on How to disable ink level notifications. You should be able to disable the pop from there.

Let me know if this helped.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" by the Reply to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
pintree3
Message 3 of 3 (6,447 Views)

Re: How to turn off, disable, or reset ink level warnings and messages

That was nice of you Advance23

I do not mind the reminder so turning the message doesn't suit me as muc as resetting it. Is this possible?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation