05-14-2014 09:30 AM
It's possible the printer can't recognise the non HP ink. Often the quality & reliability isn't as good as original. You could try cleaning as described in the link HERE. Failing that, either switch to original HP or return the remans to the place of purchase.
- Figure 12: Cartridge contacts1 - Cartridge contacts
- Inspect the contacts for ink and debris buildup.
- Wipe the contacts with a swab until no debris remains on them.
FYI some links on this topic if you're interested....
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- What Is HP Instant Ink?
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Replacing the Printhead for HP Officejet 6500 and 6500A All-in-One Printer Series
- Limited Warranty for HP Ink Cartridges and Customer-Replaceable Printheads for HP Inkjet Supplies