Question

Student
gal313
Message 1 of 2 (371 Views)

Hpdeskjet 5550 doesn't print nothing! no errors found either!

This is the situation:

Yesterday I reinstalled my win 7 ultimate 32 bit, cleaning up all my data. I installed all the drivers and eveyrthing works fine except for the printer. It's not a new issue, the printer wasn't working before either, only that now it can't be a virus problem.

The win 7 installed automaticly my printer [hp 5550] drivers and showed that everything went properly.

When I execute a print, it shows me in the printer tasks window "printing" but nothing happens. The printer doesn't even make a noise of trying to do something. I downloaded the DU from this site and it shows me that everything is ok with my printer. I tried reinstalling the printer device, restart the pc, unplug and inplug the USB connector... nothing works! the printer powering button does work and light up properly, but there is a wierd noticeable issue: The printer color detector button is flashing like a warning, and when I press it nothing happens. The ink is new and fitted to the printer. Btw I tried the shut down of my internet security program [COMODO] and nothing changed... 

What's wrong with my printer? 

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 2 (355 Views)

Re: Hpdeskjet 5550 doesn't print nothing! no errors found either!

Hi gal313, 

It sounds like you are having a hardware failure on the printer. Check out the document below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00035263&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation