Question

Honor Student
englishpointer
Message 1 of 3 (212 Views)

I bought HP Envy 5530 e all in one printer.

I bought the above printer and couldnt get anything to print that had the colour black, ie letters and pictures. I phoned helpline at weekend and they went through some tests and said it was the printhead and i needed to take it back to the store to be exchanged. I did this and got a replacement - same model. i have been all day yesterday and today trying to get it to print black and the new one still isnt doing it!!!  Surely they cant both be faulty? Please help.

HP Support Agent
JERENDS
Message 2 of 3 (192 Views)

Re: I bought HP Envy 5530 e all in one printer.

Hello englishpointer,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

Regarding the HP ENVY 5530 not printing black, this being your second printer with this issue I would like to offer a suggestion.

This printer uses the HP 61 ink cartridges, typically when a color (in your case black) does not print it would point to the cartridge as the fault. When you opened and setup the second 5530 did you use the same cartridges from the first? Try changing your ink cartridges before looking into a third replacement.

This HP document: Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages will probably contain all the troubleshooting steps taken for the first phone call to HP, but it would not hurt to try them on this printer.

Regards,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
englishpointer
Message 3 of 3 (166 Views)

Re: I bought HP Envy 5530 e all in one printer.

I took the printer back and got a third from the store (currys PC world in Peterborough ) and asked them to test it. It had exactly the same fault. The hp rep was in store and we discussed this with her. She offered us an alternative and said it was up to the store to sort the difference in money and they would investigate the printer problem. The store manager refused to offer any kind of recompense. We have travelled to Peterborough three times a total of three hours travelling...suffice to say I will never shop in this store again, which we told him, and will tell everyone we know what has happened and advise them to avoid currys PC world Peterborough. They are not doing hp a service by selling faulty goods then going against the wishes of your representative! So I have no printer to date...I'm very unhappy.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation