Question

Top Student
nvideopu
Message 1 of 67 (16,077 Views)

I have a Photosmart 6510, I replaced all my ink cartridges but now it won't print or copy,

I replaced all cartridges and read as accepted...the inkwell for blk  shows black for capacity , it was printing before I made the replacement

Professor
RobertoR
Message 2 of 67 (16,070 Views)

Re: I have a Photosmart 6510, I replaced all my ink cartridges but now it won't print or copy,

nvideopu I hope you are doing well and welcome to the HP forums;

Can you clarify what issue are you having?

Do this. Reset the printer.

The error message might disappear after you turn off the product and then turn it on again. Reset the product in order for the error message to clear completely. Follow these steps to reset the product.
  1. Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product.
  2. With the product turned on , disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
  3. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  4. Wait at least 15 seconds.
  5. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
  7. If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button ( ) to turn it on.
  • If these steps resolved the issue , you do not need to continue troubleshooting.

I will do my best to help you, if you need futher assistance.

Hope this helps:

RobertoR

:manlol:And remember

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
Top Student
nvideopu
Message 3 of 67 (16,068 Views)

Re: I have a HP Photosmart 6510, I replaced all my ink cartridges but now it won't print or copy,

we tried all that, do you think there is a problem with the black ink well that it won't print or copy just disburses blank pages? appreciate your help....it was printing before I replaced the black ink and the colors but after I did that, I ran all the print "jobs" under toner tools and prints all colors but no black...is the toner indication on toner screen supposed  to be black for quantity?  I tried two separate iblack ink cartridge and the same results for both, thought maybe the first one was just disfunctional but not two in a row....

Professor
RobertoR
Message 4 of 67 (16,064 Views)

Re: I have a HP Photosmart 6510, I replaced all my ink cartridges but now it won't print or copy,

[ Edited ]

Hi there again. it may be,

Is the cartrigde an Original HP cartridge? if they are you can check the warranty Click here

Clean the printheads
If you found defects on the print quality diagnostic report, follow these steps to run a utility to clean the printheads.
  1. Make sure that plain white U.S. letter or A4 size paper is loaded in the tray.
  2. From the control panel home screen, touch the Setup icon ( ).
  3. Touch Tools , and then touch Clean Printhead . The product cleans the printheads, and then prints a test page.
  4. Review the print quality on the test page.
  • If these steps resolved the issue , there is no need to continue troubleshooting. The following precautions might prevent the issue in the future.

• Avoid leaving unprotected cartridges out of the product for an extended period of time.
  • Always use the Power button to turn the product off. This protects the cartridges from exposure to air.

Also, You can try this article GO HERE

Hoep this helps!

RobertoR

:manlol: Please remember

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
Top Student
nvideopu
Message 5 of 67 (16,060 Views)

Okay did all that again.... no defect on printout except shows only colors, no black....checked both dates on cartridges and they expire 2014/01 amd 2014/3..any other suggestions?
Professor
RobertoR
Message 6 of 67 (16,058 Views)

Hi there again,

I have tried with sucess serveral times sumerging the cartridge in isopropyl alcohol for about 5 mins (only the print heads) if you decide to try this PLEASE MAKE SURE that the cartridge is completely dry before you reinstall in the printer.   

next,

I personall will of course only if you can, purchase another cartridge to make sure is not a ahrdware related issue,

I will reach out to some folks in here to see if they have other suggestions or knowledge of  this or similar issues.

Hope this helps!

:manlol: Please remember  

Top Student
nvideopu
Message 7 of 67 (16,055 Views)

ok I will try your latest suggestions and get back to you tomorrow..hopefully that will work

Top Student
nvideopu
Message 8 of 67 (16,032 Views)

OKAY DID THE "CLEASING" AND THAT DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, BOUGHT ANOTHER CARTRIDGE AND THAT DIDN'T HELP EITHER, i REALLY THINK THERE IS A DEFECT IN THE MACHINE...since it is under HP warranty,

bought in Dec 2011, can you give me instructions to return to you for repair or replalement?

Professor
RobertoR
Message 9 of 67 (16,025 Views)

Hi there again,

Check the warranty status here. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/weInput?cc=us&dlc=&lc=en&product=59453

This is to start the process,  Enter your serial here and it will guide you thru the process;

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-005&h_lang=en&h_cc=us&h_product=top&h_client=test 

Let me know if I can be any more help, I will do my best to help you.

Regards;

RobertoR  

Student
virtual_judy
Message 10 of 67 (15,792 Views)

The very same thing happened to me.  I replaced the black ink cartridge.  Now it will not print even after I completed all those steps.  I bought the ink cartridge from HP on line BUT the printer indicated that a cartridge was damaged.  I put the old cartridge back in and it stopped complaining HOWEVER it still will not print anythng at all.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation