Question
I have a Photosmart 6510, I replaced all my ink cartridges but now it won't print or copy,
Replies (68)

Top Student
Rhino983
Message 11 of 69 (9,416 Views)

Re: I have a HP Photosmart 6510, I replaced all my ink cartridges but now it won't print or copy,

I will be right to the point, as it seems that other users are not giving you correct information. I have also replaced all 4 ink cartridges. Yes they are the same HP cartridges. The printer has run through alignment, test page, clean heads, etc. It states that we may need to calibrate the ink heads still, however there is NOT an option to calibrate. It is printing all colors BUT black. The printer printed just fine before replacing the cartridges. This is either a serious defect in your printers, or there is something missing to perform a calibration. WHY is this so hard, it should be simple. This is the first replacement of the ink cartridges and is NOT old or dirty.

Honor Student
Qualleaj
Message 12 of 69 (9,393 Views)

Re: I have a HP Photosmart 6510, I replaced all my ink cartridges but now it won't print or copy,

I also have a Photosmart 6510.  I tried to print to it yesterday and it spit out all blank pages then it said the black cartiage was not geniune.  I bought replacement cartiages and the problem still persists.  No matter what i print from, Windows, from the printer itself it only spits out blank pages.  The cartiage cleaner = blank page, Windows test page = blank page, align the printer = blank page, Print quality page = blank page.  This is ridiculous, not only did I pay for this printer but I just spent another $80 on print cartiages and the thing won't even print.  I took the cartiages out to check that they were good, and yes they do bleed ink.  This printer isn't even a year old.

Top Student
Rhino983
Message 13 of 69 (9,385 Views)

Re: I have a Photosmart 6510, I replaced all my ink cartridges but now it won't print or copy,

My printer also spit out blank pages for quite a while Eventually the color showed up, but I am still missing black.
Honor Student
halbhh
Message 14 of 69 (9,378 Views)

Re: I have a Photosmart 6510, I replaced all my ink cartridges but now it won't print or copy,

Mine prints fine except for the black.  From the first print, the black was spotty.  After 3-4 pages all black is missing/blang.  Color works fine.

Replaced (the new HP) cartridge with another new HP black cartridge.

Did the cleaning routine in the printer menu.

etc.

Same result as the other 20, 50, 100 people here:   No Black Printing.

Student
Excaliber2
Message 15 of 69 (9,371 Views)

Come on HP, what is happening with the black cartridges which do not work?  I am having a very frustrating time with this problem?

Honor Student
Qualleaj
Message 16 of 69 (9,331 Views)

HP, is anyone going to respond to this problem?  WIth anything helpful besides, "Go buy some more of our overpriced ink..."

Top Student
Rhino983
Message 17 of 69 (9,330 Views)

Congratulations on your lack of customer service HP. We are returning your product and purchasing your competitor's model. I would suggest quality control and rethinking the way your staff handles responses to product issues. If you wish to be the best, you must treat your customers like the best. Good day.

Student
texmickey
Message 18 of 69 (9,251 Views)

Same problem here. HP 6510 that's only 6 months old. Working fine and had a jam. After the jam print quality was poor which I attributed to low ink levels. I replaced ALL the cartridges. Test page only prints the color Microsoft logo. Print alignment fails. Tried reseting printer and PC.

Honor Student
tomcrater
Message 19 of 69 (9,159 Views)

I have the no black print problem.  Just started today.  First it printed black sporadic.  Even though the cartridge was more than half full, I replaced it.  Now no black print. 

Come on HP  give us the solution.  It is pretty obvious that you have a problem.

Student
dukenuken
Message 20 of 69 (8,994 Views)

Same problem here. The printer is few months old. The cartriges are shown as 3 quartes full.

However, neither black nor yellow are working.

Tried the usual (useless) cleaning, etc., from the printer menu. No luck.

Should I buy new HP cartriges, should I start a hopeless warranty claim?

Or buy another brand ?? Anybody has any a better brand  to suggest ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation