Question
I have a Photosmart 6510, I replaced all my ink cartridges but now it won't print or copy,
Replies (68)

Student
traceer82
Message 61 of 69 (1,073 Views)

Re: I have a Photosmart 6510, I replaced all my ink cartridges but now it won't print or copy,

I have been having the very same problems with my HP 6510 for months now.  Have been working on it here and there trying to fix the problem and getting very frustrated when nothing helped.  I tried this and it finally fixed the problem!!  Glad someone know more than HP does!!

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 62 of 69 (883 Views)

Re: I have a Photosmart 6510, I replaced all my ink cartridges but now it won't print or copy,

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 63 of 69 (1,025 Views)

njhpuser wrote:

Unfortunately for the 6510, the printhead cannot be removed and thus cannot be soaked.

I have purchased 2 new cartridges and now I have run out of color ink. I do not want to purchase any more cartridges unless I am guaranteed a fix to this printer.

Very frustrated. My printer is less than 2 years old. Where can I get information about a printhead replacement? Speaking with customer service earlier, they indicated that my hardware was not under warranty anymore

Hi, the PS 6510 doesn't have a printhead replacement (the printhead is built into the printer itself). Does the printer sound noisy when it tries to print? Is it only Black that won't print (colors are ok?)

Thanks, Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 64 of 69 (1,025 Views)

chefx wrote:

This is a prevalant and on-going disaster with the HP printer.  All the blather from tech support and NOTHING works.  Replaced black cartridge on Photosmart 6510....nothing black prints.   Did everything "support" mentioned to no avail.  Even a user tip about poking hole in depression for ink fill and blowing lightly --ink comes out.   But not to print.    What a  joke tech support is....time to toss this piece of junk (which is less than one year old) into recycle and buy a good printer from anyone except HP

Hi, if the printer is less than a year old it's likely still under warranty, so I would suggest contacting HP phone support for a replacement. You can check the warranty status via the link below....

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/weInput?cc=ie&lc=en

Ciara

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 65 of 69 (1,022 Views)

Ga-4 wrote:

Like most people it seems, I'd been very happy with the performance of this printer until that day when I needed to change the cartridges... I changed all colours and the black together... and hey-presto, no black coming out.

However, out of desperation I just kept doing the Clean/Clean 2 option from the computer until finally it printed a decent test page.  I probably did about 3 Cleans directly from the printer console and then 3 Clean/Clean 2 from the computer.

That was yesterday, and today I've done some printouts and it's still ok... except for the rather annoying side-effect of all that cleaning that the colours are now all registering low ink level warnings, despite the fact they were new yesterday.

Guess I'll get some new colour inks and hope it continues to be ok after putting them in. 

Hi Ga-4,

Yes running the Printhead clean can sometimes help. Can I ask, when you're not using the printer do you switch it off at the Power button? (so that the Printhead gets capped properly). This is important as it ensure the Printhead doesn't dry out or clog.

Thanks, Ciara

Honor Student
rayren
Message 66 of 69 (497 Views)

Got into the same problem, all was fine, went out of inkt, bought new one's today , al colors fine exept black.

try'd everything incl few printhead cleans.

one time al black was perfect, next print ...gone.

another try cleaning heads...went out of INKT!! in 1 hour and 6 try's.

still no black appears

Great advice..spent 40 € for nothing.

Yes, only use orignal cardridge's

Student
maw70
Message 67 of 69 (481 Views)

I have exactly the same issue. It appeared the very first time I replaced the ink cartridges - no black printing (and yes they are all original HP cartridges). Warranty expired a while ago. I have done all the printerhead cleaning and realignment suggested, all to no avail.

I am intrigued by the previous comment from Ciara:

...when you're not using the printer do you switch it off at the Power button? (so that the Printhead gets capped properly). This is important as it ensure the Printhead doesn't dry out or clog.

My printer rarely get switched off and is pretty much always in standby mode. I assume this is a pretty common use case scenario, so surely the printer should automatically cap the printhead after a period of non-use to avoid this issue?

In any case, if I can't fix this soon, I am following the advice and throwing this printer in the garbage. Rest assured I will NEVER purchase another piece of HP equipment again.

Honor Student
Driat
Message 68 of 69 (46 Views)

Re: I have a HP Photosmart 6510, I replaced all my ink cartridges but now it won't print or copy,

So,what do,we,do
Honor Student
Driat
Message 69 of 69 (46 Views)

Buy Another brand.mmjust,look,at,how,many people,are having the same problem
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation