Question

Student
COMPUTER_PALL
Message 1 of 2 (78 Views)

INK TONER LEVELS

I am going to vent some anger and frustration about my 'new HP product' that I was advised I would love when I registered it.  This is an OfficeJet 6700 Premium, if it makes any difference.  

I have 4 other printers attached to my computer, so I don't use it much for printing.  I occasionally make copies with it, but mostly use it as my FAX machine receiving FAXes that are important to running my business efficiently.  Yesterday I was receiving FAXes that I despertly needed to see, but could not print them out.  My clients assumed that I had the information they FAXed me, but I didn't because the printer refused to print them out.  And why was this product that I was to be overly in love with obstructing the carrying out of my business?  Because, it said, the yellow ink supply was low!  WHAT DO I CARE!  The black ink supply is full; I just replaced it the day before.  All my faxes are printed out in black.  I NEED that information I just received; print it out!  My office is 25 miles from the nearest office supply store.  I hardly ever print anything in color.  I'm being held hostage by this wonderful machine that I'm supposed to love.  If anyone knows a 'work-around' to this ridiculous situation, I would sincerely appreciate being redeemed.

Retired
Cheetah12
Message 2 of 2 (64 Views)

Re: INK TONER LEVELS

Hello COMPUTER_PALL,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you're unable to receive a fax because the yellow ink cartridge is stating low using the Officejet 6700 Premium. I will do my best to assist you! I can relate to your frustration. However, this particular printer uses some color inks even when printing in black in black only. If you did run out of color and keep printing black only, you will cause problems with the printhead. I am going to provide the user guide here, see page 74. I've also linked a page yield information here.

I will provide a HP document on printing in black ink only here. From this document it states: "Your printer stops and displays a message when ink levels get too low. However, the printer might still perform a limited amount of printing in 'backup mode' at low ink levels. In backup mode, blacks might not be as dark, or printouts might be in grayscale (shades of gray with no color). Replace any low cartridges if backup mode printing is unacceptable."

If you have any further questions, please let me know. Have a great night! :smileyhappy:

I worked on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation