04-21-2014 04:25 PM
I have inserted an Officejet 920XL cartridge into my HP Officejet 6500 Wireless printer, and the colors print, but NOT the black cartridge. I have tried TWO new black cartridges! Please help. Thank you.
04-23-2014 01:25 PM
I see you have an Officejet 6500 Wireless that is currently having issues printing black ink. I'm sorry to hear this, but I have a few tricks up my sleeve I'm willing to share
There are definitely a few things to try, so let us start with following this Fixing Ink Streaks, Faded Prints, and Other Common Print Quality Problems document, as well as this Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages document.
If neither of those are able to resolve the issue, let us move to manually cleaning your printhead. Once you've completed this step, please try reinserting everything to see if the black is able to flow. If it still isn't printing, or isn't printing properly, please try Bob_Headrick's post about soaking your printhead.
Hopefully one of these steps will get that black ink flowing for you! Let me know how things go
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!
I work on behalf of HP
05-08-2014 09:26 AM
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?