Question

Student
olgaJ
Message 1 of 3 (204 Views)

Inability of new black cartridge to print

I have inserted an Officejet 920XL cartridge into my HP Officejet 6500 Wireless printer, and the colors print, but NOT the black cartridge.  I have tried TWO new black cartridges!  Please help.  Thank you.

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 2 of 3 (172 Views)

Re: Inability of new black cartridge to print

Hi olgaJ,

I see you have an Officejet 6500 Wireless that is currently having issues printing black ink. I'm sorry to hear this, but I have a few tricks up my sleeve I'm willing to share :smileyhappy:

There are definitely a few things to try, so let us start with following this Fixing Ink Streaks, Faded Prints, and Other Common Print Quality Problems document, as well as this Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages document.

If neither of those are able to resolve the issue, let us move to manually cleaning your printhead. Once you've completed this step, please try reinserting everything to see if the black is able to flow. If it still isn't printing, or isn't printing properly, please try Bob_Headrick's post about soaking your printhead.

Hopefully one of these steps will get that black ink flowing for you! Let me know how things go :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 3 of 3 (131 Views)

Re: Inability of new black cartridge to print

@olgaJ 

Just wondering if the suggestions from @MissTeriLynn  helped solve the issue?

Thanks, Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation