Question

Honor Student
Penelope1949
Message 1 of 3 (160 Views)

Inability to get printer to print!

I bought an HP ENVY 4500 printer yesterday and have installed it successfully but, when I have tried to align the printhead it produces a page to be scanned, which appears to have no black on it at all, and it scans it and asks for it to be re-done.  I have done this, so far, five times and every time it is the same.  It will print in colour - no black - but is unable to print black and white.  Could the cartridge be blocked??  Now that I have managed to install the printer it is very frustrating not to be able to use it!  Help please.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 3 (158 Views)

Re: Inability to get printer to print!

The document here may help resolve black not printign on your Envy 4500 printer.  Make sure the protective nozzle tape has been removed from the cartridge.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
Penelope1949
Message 3 of 3 (155 Views)

Re: Inability to get printer to print!

Yes it has

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation