05-20-2014 09:57 AM
I bought an HP ENVY 4500 printer yesterday and have installed it successfully but, when I have tried to align the printhead it produces a page to be scanned, which appears to have no black on it at all, and it scans it and asks for it to be re-done. I have done this, so far, five times and every time it is the same. It will print in colour - no black - but is unable to print black and white. Could the cartridge be blocked?? Now that I have managed to install the printer it is very frustrating not to be able to use it! Help please.
05-20-2014 10:02 AM
The document here may help resolve black not printign on your Envy 4500 printer. Make sure the protective nozzle tape has been removed from the cartridge.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?