Question

Honor Student
aryakamandhanu
Message 1 of 5 (165 Views)

Incompatible 61XL cartridge on HP Deskjet 1050 J410a

Dear HP expert,

I have just bough a new original 61XL Black cartridge (not refill, definitely original new) and put it on HP Deskjet 1050 J410a all in one. It cannot print, the message is :

61XL incompatible.jpg

Can anybody help me on this issue?

I bought this cartridge because it can print more compare to 802 cartridge, but why it cannot work? It is clearly written in the 61XL box that this cartridge work on 1050.

Thank you for your help.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 5 (153 Views)

Re: Incompatible 61XL cartridge on HP Deskjet 1050 J410a

The Deskjet 1050 has regionalized cartridges.  In the US and some other countries it uses the 61 or 61xl.  Where are you located?  It appears your printer was sold in a country where the 802 cartridge is correct such as India.  You can check the cartridges compatible with your printer by visiting HP's SureSupply site here.  There may be an 802xL that would meet your needs for a larger cartridge.

HP's web page on the subject is here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
aryakamandhanu
Message 3 of 5 (143 Views)

Hi Bob,

I bought my printer in Indonesia (supplied with 802 cartridge), and currently move to Malaysia. I bought 61XL cartridge in Malaysia. Is there any way so I can use 61XL cartridge, by updating firmware for example?

Thanks for your help

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 5 (140 Views)

You will need to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work.  HP's web page on the subject is here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
aryakamandhanu
Message 5 of 5 (132 Views)

Hi Bob,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion, maybe tomorrow I will call HP support for regionalization reset. I will let you know the result so others can take advantage.

Cheers,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation