Question

Student
eswck
Message 1 of 2 (60 Views)

Ink Cartridge Error

I recently purchased a HP61XL Ink Cartridge online.  This is supposed to be compatible with my HP Deskjet 1000 J110a.  I inserted the cartridge and an error came up.  I believe it to be a regional error.  I contacted HP Support call service and the lady did not help or give any advice.  She said she only had regional codes for the UK and could not help.  The cartridge was sent from america and made in malaysia. I had been looking for ink in shops for months that matched my printer and could not find any; that is why I sourced the ink online.  It does not bother me if I need to reset a region etc as long as I can use my printer to print! I would appreciate any help.

Intern
Nolander
Message 2 of 2 (53 Views)

Re: Ink Cartridge Error

Hi eswck,

Do I understand from your post that you are in the UK and ordered a HP61XL from America?

The correct supply for the UK is HP301\HP301XL.

You can find all your supplies online in the UK HP store with the follwoing link

HP301 Supplies

I would advise returning the HP61XL supply and purcahse the correct supply for your region.

If you have moved the printer between regions support should be able to do a region reset under the cartridge warranty.

Regards

Dermot

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation