Question

Honor Student
SheepShearer
Message 1 of 4 (155 Views)

Ink Cartridge Failure--Deskjet 2514

My printer had been working fine until just this morning when we went to print something from Google Chrome and this came up.  I removed the Black cartridge and replaced with a known full cartridge.  Then I tried again to print the same document and the error message reappeared with the new cartridge.  

HP printer.jpg

HP Support Agent
Jamieson
Message 2 of 4 (134 Views)

Re: Ink Cartridge Failure--Deskjet 2514

Hello SheepShearer, and welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!

I see you are running into cartridge errors.  I would like to help!

I would recommend removing the cartridge, and performing a power reset.  Disconnect the power cord from the printer and the power outlet, then wait 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, plug the printer back in. Ensure you plug the printer directly to a wall outlet. Make sure to bypass any sort of surge protector or power bar.

I would also suggest following the steps in this document on The Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages. Although the error is different than the title of the document, the steps should help resolve this issue.

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
SheepShearer
Message 3 of 4 (122 Views)

Thank you, but it still didn't work.  As soon as I plugged the printer back in the same error message appeared.   Am I looking at having to replace the printer? 

HP Support Agent
Jamieson
Message 4 of 4 (107 Views)

Hi SheepShearer,

At this point, I would recommend contacting HP directly.  You can utilize this website to learn how to contact HP appropriately, based on your region: Contact HP Worldwide.

THank you for posting on the HP Forums.

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation