Question

Top Student
jesusfreak92789
Message 1 of 6 (156 Views)

Ink Error Message

I have an HP Photosmart 5510 and I literally one week ago bought new ink cartridges for all 4 colors, and I am now getting low ink error messages, why has my ink run out so quickly? I have printed only 4 pages since replacing them.

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 2 of 6 (111 Views)

Re: Ink Error Message

Hi jesusfreak92789,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! :smileyhappy: I see you have recently changed the cartridges on your HP Photosmart 5510, after a week of using the printer and printing only 4 items you are now getting a 'low ink error' message.

'Ink Alert' or 'Low on Ink' Message Displays on the Computer or the Control Panel,

NOTE** Ink level warnings and indicators provide estimates for planning purposes only. When an indicator shows low-ink levels, consider having a replacement cartridge available to avoid possible printing delays. You do not need to replace cartridges until print quality becomes unacceptable.

I suggest calling our techincal support at 800-474-6836 as the cartridges are in warranty and they will be able assist you. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
jesusfreak92789
Message 3 of 6 (104 Views)

Can I still do this if I no longer have the receipt?

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 4 of 6 (92 Views)

jesusfreak92789,

Yes of course, please make sure to have the cartridges with you when you call our technical support team as they may need to obtain some information from them.

Thanks again,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
jesusfreak92789
Message 5 of 6 (70 Views)

I called that number and the lady told me since my printer is no longer in warranty (which doesn't matter because I have an ink issue, not a printer issue) that she could do nothing to help me. I asked if there was a warranty on the ink and she said yes, but the only thing I could do was go buy more ink.

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 6 of 6 (61 Views)

jesusfreak92789,

I apologize for the customer service you experienced. I have sent your Private Message on the Forums, please go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will find your inbox.

Thanks,

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation