Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Officejet 6500A Plus  -  Windows 7

Original problem.  No print, BLACK ONLY.  Due to this forum I ordered a print head assembly.

Replaced the print head and ink catridges for third time.  Print head from HPStore (p#  CN643A )

I get the above error message now on the printer.  Using the diagnostics (hp) on the computer it would appear that the problem has not changed.  I can give more time to this issue, but can't spend any more money except to trash this great product and buy a new one.

Can anyone solve this weird problem?  I expected the print head would solve too.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello myke794. In order to troubleshoot the issue, please follow the steps in the document below:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01458034

If these steps do not resolve the issue, the printer would need to be replaced. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Literally te exact thing has happened to me.  First the black ink would not print.  Replaced with multiple new black ink cartridges, but still would not print black onl.  Tried the autoclean feature and removed the printhead carriage and cleaned.  And now I am getting the  Ink System Failure 0xc19a0013 messgage.  Did you find a fix?

HP Recommended

No, No fix at this time.  Had to buy an Officejet 6600 to continue, but I feel that is the HP purpose and desire.  I kept the 6500A Plus just in case a miracle happens.

HP Recommended
Hi folks
FYI the 0xc19a0013 error can occur due to an empty cartridge. Have you verified the ink levels are ok?
Thanks
Ciara
I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended
Believing that, I drained $200 in new ink and it still didn't work.
HP Recommended

Clara:

I bought 3 sets of new cartridges.  I a sure that makes HP happy AND I had to buy a new 6600.  I still have the old printer for now.

HP Recommended

I am really dissapointed with HP; This was my 2nd printer from HP. Luckily, I am not buying any other HP printer

HP Recommended

I have the same error

perfectly performing printer until i had to replace the black ink

now i get the error message

now printer wont recognize any cartidge but the black

cleaned whole world

2nd HP printer that this has happened ...performing perfectly, replace cartridge, catastrophic failure

HP Recommended

I have had two HP Officejet 6500A Plus printers that have done this same thing.  Both times it was the black ink that quit working.  The first time it happened I went through the steps to clean the printhead as suggested.  It did not work, so I ordered a new printhead.  When it came, I installed it as instructed and it worked for a brief time.  Then it completely stopped.  So I trashed it.  I purchased another printer to replace that one.  Then the second one messed up.  Again, it was the black ink only.  I went through the same steps again.  Nothing!!!  I have bought several replacement cartridges (all geniune HP), thinking maybe they were defected.  I have went online and watched the videos on how to clean the printhead in the warm water solution.  Still doesn't work.  It is so frustrating.  I feel like it is a waste.  I purchase a new printer every two years.  What is going on HP?  Why are your products not lasting?  This printer is only used in my home office.  It worked one day and then the next day it stopped. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.