HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
01-11-2012 09:32 PM
Have A Photosmart C6180. Front panel reads "Ink System Failure. Ink system has failed. Unable to copy, recieve faxes, or print. Refer to printer documation. Erroe 0xc18a0206. Turn power off & then on again." Have reset machine buy turning power off & back on. Also by unpluging, waiting, & repluging. Still will not print, copy or recieve faxes. Have also replaced all ink cartridges with new, some were past the date on the cartridge. Help please.
01-12-2012 01:14 AM
Try performing a reset on the printer.
Steps to perform reset:
1. Unplug the power cord from the HP All-in-One.
2. Wait for 20 seconds.
3. Press and hold # and 6 while plugging in the power cord to the HP All-in-One.
4. Release the buttons after the HP All-in-One starts up.
5. The HP All-in-One will now be reset to factory defaults.
Note: Personal setting like Speed dial, fax log, fax memory etc. will also be cleared
--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
07-07-2012 08:52 AM
Having the same problem ...
- I tried the reset instructions in the previous post
- The printer did not restart. The display went blank
- I released the #/6 keys and powered back up
- Display showed NVM Reset
- Still getting the same error code