Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

thank you, it works , you're a life saver.:smileyhappy:  Suzan

HP Recommended

Hi, I have an C5100 series with the same problem. But there I have no keyboard. Any suggestion how I could get intot he hardware status reset as well?

HP Recommended

This worked on a Photosmart C6150 perfectly - when nothing else would. I was about to try throwing the printer against the wall as a last resort, but this was better!

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi - I saw your post on how to reset the printer.

Where do you find the * and # on the printer?  I'm sorry, but I was confused.

Thanks for your help.  I was having the same issues as everyone else.

HP Recommended

Hi - I can't get past your first instruction....where do I find the * and # on the printer?

HP Recommended

Assuming you are working with an HP Photosmart C6150 printer, the number keys are located on the right side of the front control panel. The symbol and number keys are located at the bottom of the number key pad. Hope this helps!

rmd

HP Recommended

Hi there!

I made a collection of solution for this issue a few months back. It has helped resolved a lot of ink system failures upto this date. You might want to check it out.

http://www.out-of-warranty.com/ink-system-failure-error-0xc18a-hp/

HP Recommended
Wow, I am truly impressed. Not only did I just google the error, I found your solution within 5 minutes of having the problem. I believe you have saved me a ton of time and money. Thanks!!!
HP Recommended
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I have worked on this for several days trying to fix this problem with no luck. I was about ready to give up. Then I came across your solution, and it worked!! I can't thank you enough.
HP Recommended

UNBELIEVABLE! This worked perfectly.  I could not believe it.  How in the world did you figure it out? 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.