Question

Top Student
mjframe
Message 1 of 14 (4,321 Views)

Ink System Failure Oxc19a0022

I have a photosmart plus 8209a all-in-one model.  I have an Ink System Failure message that I can't solve.  I have tried all the suggested options on the website for this problem.  Unplugging power suppy cords (several times), checking all printer cartridges, installing new ones, making sure vents are not blocked, removing the print head assembly to clean.  Nothing has worked.  Every time I turn it off and back on, I have the same message.  Would getting a new print head assembly work?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 14 (4,311 Views)

Re: Ink System Failure Oxc19a0022

[ Edited ]

Is your printer model a b209a?  If you have tried all the suggestions in this page then I would suggest soaking the printhead as shown here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Top Student
mjframe
Message 3 of 14 (4,297 Views)

Thank you, Bob, for your suggestion.  I had done all the other steps, so I soaked the printhead as it said.  When I re-installed it, I get the same error message.  It won't let do anything but let me turn it off and back on and then the same message.  Any other suggestions?  I appreciate your help.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 4 of 14 (4,283 Views)

Hi mjframe

If you've tried all the troubleshooting, one option is to purchase a new printhead through the HP Part Store.

Hope this helps

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Top Student
FRoss
Message 5 of 14 (4,091 Views)

Has anyone found the solution to this problems?

I have looked in the part store, and can not find the replacement parts for the printhead. We are debating whether to give up on this printer, and get a new printer. The problem is that we just purchased nearly $100 in ink.

Does anyone know the true deffinition of what this exact error code is? There is a list of about 10 similar ones where it is always recommended to clean the printer head, or replace.

Top Student
mjframe
Message 6 of 14 (4,088 Views)

I never was able to fix the problem with mine after trying all solutions suggested....including soaking the printhead.  Just finally ordered a new printer for Christmas that will take the same printer cartridges as the old one.

Top Student
FRoss
Message 7 of 14 (4,085 Views)

That was one of the options we were thinking of. Which printer did you end up with? I really do not want to end up with the same problems..

Top Student
mjframe
Message 8 of 14 (4,083 Views)

I purchased the HP photosmart b210a, because it was supposed to be the replacement for the old one and had similar options.  I haven't recieved it yet, so I'm not sure if we will end up with the same problems or not.  Our other one only lasted for 2 years!

Top Student
FRoss
Message 9 of 14 (4,081 Views)

Thanks for the information.

I believe ours is closer to only a year. Decent price, since it was be replaced, but still, not thrilled it already having problems.

Student
Marvopolo
Message 10 of 14 (2,059 Views)

Get ink system failure after installing new black ink cartridge. Cannot find an answer.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation