Re: Ink System Failure (11578 Views)
Honor Student
Andy7360
Message 1 of 4 (11,602 Views)

Ink System Failure

I have a photosmart D7360 printer.  It has been in storage for 2+ years with the ink cartridges installed.  Upon setting it up, I got the Ink System Failure message with error code Oxc18a0306.  I installed new cartridges and got the same error.It takes the 02 cartridges.  I have tried to run a head cleaning with no sucess.

I think there is dried ink in the print head.  Is it possible to remove the head and clean?  Clean with alcohol, warmwater, soapy water or what.

Thank you for any assistance

Associate Professor
Arkle1
Message 2 of 4 (11,600 Views)

Re: Ink System Failure

Hi there, your printer model does not have a removable printhead. Check out this support document for troubleshooting options for this issue http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00551397&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=1156651

Hope this information helps.

Best.

If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button on the left (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.

I am an HP employee.
Honor Student
Andy7360
Message 3 of 4 (11,593 Views)

I had found that solution and tried it and any thing else I could find searching the forum.  Not much to offer on this particular printer.  Nothing worked.

I would like to have a fairly good quality printer for photo work.  Hate to discard this one if there is any chance to fix it.  I had examined the insides and thought it would be difficult to remove the print head but not impossible.  My experience has been what humans assembled can often be taken apart if your carefull.

Any futher sugestions?

Thanks

Associate Professor
Arkle1
Message 4 of 4 (11,578 Views)

As the printhead was not designed to be removed once it was factory installed I wouldn't recommend trying to remove it yourself as you may introduce more problems than you solve. To be honest, by the time you pay for a support call and if you choose to get it serviced you're probably going to rack up the cost of a brand new printer.

Of course as the printer is out of warranty you could choose to look at it as though you've nothing to lose by trying to repair it yourself. By the way, if you do choose to look at replacement printers and your main use is for printing photos try and go for a 5 ink system such as the Photosmart 7520. 

Best.

If my reply helped you, feel free to click on the Kudos button on the left (hover over the "thumbs up").
If my reply solved your problem please click on the Accepted Solution button so other Forum users may benefit from viewing the post.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation