Question

Student
janirick
Message 1 of 3 (178 Views)

Ink, Toner, Cartridge,

I have a HP Officejet 6700 Premium printer (warranty end date 9-19-2013) that was working fine until I had to replace all the ink cartridges.  Now I am getting the printer message "Ink System Failure -- there is a problem with the printer or ink system."  The computer message is "Missing or Failed Printhead Cyan/Magenta/Yellow/Black.  The printhead appears to be missing, not detected, incorrectly installed, or incompatible."  I had previously refilled the cartridges at Costco and it worked fine, but it didn't this time when I had them refilled.  So I bought brand new HP cartridges (spent $100) and still no luck?  Thank you for your assistance.

Teacher
Chin999
Message 2 of 3 (172 Views)

Re: Ink, Toner, Cartridge,

Hi,

While the printer is turned on try unplugging the power cord from the back of the unit and then connect it back again and see if it helps.

If this does not helps then please contact HP Support.

Thanks

I work for HP.
Master's Graduate
aneeshnair
Message 3 of 3 (169 Views)

Re: Ink, Toner, Cartridge,

Hi

Perform the steps given in the link  and this would resolve the issue 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c03262508&lc=en&product=5058338&tmp...

Regards

Aneesh

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation