Question

Honor Student
Rnbguitars
Message 1 of 7 (3,159 Views)

Ink cartridge froze to right side - won't move...?

Hi. I'm new here...

I am having a problem w/ my HP Officejet 6500 Wireless printer. The ink cartidges are frozen to the right side. Following all the HP 'help' notes about fixing it, have not resolved the issue. as  I have gone through all the processes to try & fix the issue but nothing has worked so far...it's still stuck. There are no paper jams that I can see. I printed something out this morning & it worked fine, then all of a sudden, it locked up & screen said I had a cartridge problem...? Help...

Thanx, Rich

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 2 of 7 (3,146 Views)

Re: Ink cartridge froze to right side - won't move...?

What is the exact error on the printer?

What operating system does the computer use?  This will be helpful to know in case we need to run any tools or steps from the computer.

What specific steps have you taken already?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
Rnbguitars
Message 3 of 7 (3,145 Views)

Hi,

I have gone through all the fix-it step, tutorials, HP  Youtube Vid & nothing has worked. It's still stuck on the right side & will not budge. The maching is only a couple years old & I ust bought new ink refills for it. It worked fine yesterday, Then, all of a sudden it jammed. No jammed paper to be found in the machine whatsoever...

I have Windows 7 OS & the PC unit was custom made for me (no name). I usually use Google Chrome or IE for internet browsers.

The error that comes up on the 'puter screen says: Cartridge Jammed. On the the printer it says 'Paper Jam', clear paper jam, but there is no paper jamming it up...? It's locked up good!

Rich

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 4 of 7 (3,140 Views)

[ Edited ]

The A 'Carriage jam' or '0X610000F6' Message Displays on the Control Panel document from HP is the best document that I could find.  While it says that the carriage jam error displays on the printer, all the steps still apply for this issue.

There is a video included in the document that shows exactly how to do any of the steps if you had any questions regarding the steps.  However, feel free to skip any steps that you have already done.  

You can also try using the HP Hardware Diagnostic Utility as it is designed to assist with carriage issues as well.

You mentioned that the cartridges are refilled rather than replaced.  If you look inside the printer, do you see any ink that may have leaked?  You may need to remove the cartridges and check the print head (what the cartridges go into) and the cartridge for any signs of leaking.

The document lists out of warranty options at the very end if it is out of warranty.  However, it may be best to invest the support cost into a newer printer as it is more than likely a hardware issue if all of these steps do not resolve the issue.

If it is under warranty, contact HP support at 1-800-474-6836.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Honor Student
Rnbguitars
Message 5 of 7 (3,134 Views)

With your response, at this point, I'm just going to invest in a new Printer to replace this 6500 Wireless.  My wife & I were never really that happy w/ the 6500's performance. Faxes always jammed-up in the machine & the machine went through soo many noisey gyrations to complete a print-out. I only hope that the new Model 6700 Wireles  is more improved because that's the printer I have my sight's on. To pay for a consultation & then a repair would most likely end-up costing us what I can get a new printer for...that will out-perform the one we have? The fix might be something real simple, but we need one asap....

Thx for your replies...!

RB

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 6 of 7 (3,124 Views)

I do wish this had a better outcome for you.  However, it sounds like you would have many benefits for upgrading to a newer model printer.  The Officejet 6700 also has new features that did not exist for your current printer such as ePrint. 

Signature
Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 7 of 7 (2,356 Views)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation