Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I found that there were orange plastic fragments stuck on the bottom of the print cartridge after I had removed the orange plastic cap. Shaving them off with a blade of a scissor solved my problem.
HP Recommended

My C4180 staes to remove the right cartridge. I have completed the instruction to remove the cartridges and cut the power; clean the well ; power up and replace each cartridge by closing the door between each cartridge installation. The sreen now says to check cartridges and refer to printer documentation.

Any successions.

Bryan or chickendog

HP Recommended

Hello Bryan, Welcome to the HP Forums!

I just noticed your post about your C4180 giving you an error message stating to check the cartridges. I can see that you have tried several troubleshooting steps already, however, I am going to post you a link to follow to ensure you have tried them all.

'Incorrect Cartridge,' or 'Incompatible Cartridge' Message Displays on the Printer Control Panel

If the troubleshooting does not help resolve your issue, I would then suggest calling HP's Technical Support to see about further options for you.

If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all
other regions, click here:
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Regards,

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I threw out the printer - too many hassles. I bought a new one. Much better. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi 

I tried all of this and it was very mucky with black ink but it keeps on saying remove and check color cartidge!

Any ideas apart from getting another printer which would be a nuisance as I have just put in new HP cartridges.

Thanks

HP Recommended

"Ink Cartridge Problem:

Remove and check color cartridge."

I can't get rid of this message and the printer won't move on. 

HP Recommended

Have tried what has been suggested but unfortunately this has not cleared the problem displayed on the printer screen.

HP Recommended
Hi Professor, the same problem didn't solve to mine
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.