04-18-2012 10:27 AM
I have a HP C6380 aii in one , and I used generic inks for awhile and I keep getting the same error message, " Ink system Oxc19a0021, saids turn off and then on." I have tried resetting defaults..but it still pops up, have put original ink and it still happens.
04-18-2012 11:12 AM
Please follow the steps mentioned below for this issue.
- With unit ON, Disconnect USB cable
- Remove Cartridges
- Disconnect power cord from back of unit
- Reconnect after 1 minute delay & power ON the unit
- If problem is still not resolved perform reset
- Press and Hold the “Print Photos” & “Red Eye Removal” buttons. Release both buttons. Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”
- Press and release in sequence “Red Eye Removal”, “Print Photos”, “Red Eye Removal”
- Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”. Press and release the “OK” button.
- Display should say “Support”. Use the Right arrow Key to look for "Reset Menu".
- Press and release the “OK” button.
- Press the right arrow key to look for "Semi-Full Reset", press 'OK'
- The printer will go off and will power on by itself, else wait for 20 seconds and power on the printer to complete reset.
Reset will clear all user Settings.
--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- What Is HP Instant Ink?
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Replacing the Printhead for HP Officejet 6500 and 6500A All-in-One Printer Series
- Limited Warranty for HP Ink Cartridges and Customer-Replaceable Printheads for HP Inkjet Supplies