Question

Honor Student
carees1
Message 1 of 4 (324 Views)

Ink full but not printing?

I had to replace my printer and put my previous almost full ink cartridges into my new printer.  The printer has detected that they are previously installed genuine cartridges but will not print despite the ink levels showing a healthy amount of ink in all cartridges.  I have cleaned and aligned the printer on numerous occasions but the print status report shows no ink. 

What should I do?

I dont want to replace all the cartridges unecessarily.

Many thanks

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 2 of 4 (277 Views)

Re: Ink full but not printing?

Sorry that you are having this issue with the ink cartridges. The problem is the cartridges that came with printer should be the ones to start it up. 

After setting up the printer with the SETUP cartridges, then you could change them out with the newly filled cartridges. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Honor Student
carees1
Message 3 of 4 (253 Views)

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I did use the setup printer cartridges first but they have now run out and although the printer has loaded the replacement cartridges and can identify that they are almost full it doeant print correctly.

It is warning me they are previously used genuine HP cartridges which is true but surely I should still be able to use them.  How can I overide this issue?

Thanks

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 4 of 4 (251 Views)

Are the cartridges that you have now, GENUINE HP cartridges? If not, you will need to get the genuine kind. 

Try to clean the print head. You can also perform a hard reset on the printer. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer. Leave it out for 30 seconds and plug it back in. 

""CLICK on the WHITE STAR if you would like to say THANKS""

Let  me know if these steps help. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation