Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm experiencing the same issue with my HP OfficeJet Pro 8500A Plus. I buyed it on 6th May 2011, get a refurbished printer because of another issue on 19th December 2012 and then I have a ink leak since 25th December 2014.

I called the Belgium HP support and when I asked if an ink leak is under cartridge warranty or printer warranty they told me there is not ink cartridge warranty and that my printer is not under warranty anymore.  So I presume that the warranty is not reconduct when we get a replacement printer.

HP Recommended

I have a model 8500 A909n Model Name CB025A. I had to take it out of the house because it was leaking everywhere.

I've tried to call 800 numbers and they tell me to go to the HP website. The website sends me back to the 800 number, 800 474 6836.

If an HP tech reads this please send me an email (you should have it) and tell me what to do. The serial number is [Personal Information Removed], and the health and safety issue is an issue that I want like to discuss with you.

Thank you

Mike B

HP Recommended

@perstare,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Mine is also leaking ink. Started my own post about it though. Found it by changing over our network cables from cat5e to cat6. Grabbed the lower right rear and pulled the printer from the wall so I could get to the cable and was met with fingers full of ink and about an 8-9" puddle under the printer that has been leaking for who knows how long and has damaged the top of my fiances Ikea desk.

Forced the print heads over via telling it I wanted to change heads and then removed the cover over the head rest location. The waste pad is soaked beyond soaking and there is puddling all around it. There was no warning or error messages that the waste pad was full etc. This is a big problem with ink being a hazard.

HP Recommended

I have HP 8630     s/n (removed content)

HP Officejet Pro 8630 "There is a problem with the printer or ink system

I have the same problem. I took out the printhead, cleaned it repeatedly for 15 minutes. Replaced printhead and cartridges.

It STILL does not work. If this problem can be cured by installing a new printhead, please let me know. I am running a small business (preparing income taxes) and I need it to work. I'll be happy to pay for a new printhead. Just tell me if I will have to do that.

Thank you   Mike B

HP Recommended

This is a message for Duane_D

Thank you very much for your return messages regarding my 8630 and the message "There is a problem with your printer or ink system."

I realized that the printer was covered by HP Care and I got the matter solved .

I have a case number if you wish me to send it via private email.

Again, my thanks.

HP Recommended

Mike B

Yes purchase a new printhead and you will be good to go. I couldn't tell you how many times we had that problem. They are programed to work so long. I picked up a printhead purge kit from inkproducts.net and used that many times on each printhead as they would stop printing one color or the other but I had plenty of ink. Then it would get to the point that the printer would complain the printhead had a problem. Sometimes changing the chip on the back of the printhead would increase it's life longer.

The black/yellow in ours finally gave up the go and I finally put ours out of commision. It's been 7 years or so. I had a Canon MG5620 sitting around I purchased at Frys for $20 back in July of this year just waiting for the HP to give up. The new printer was cheaper then a new printhead.

So bye bye HP and I do mean for good.

HP Recommended

It would be nice if  you stop saying call your repair department! I tried that and was told my printer is too old to buy a new one. DUH! If I could afford a new one I wouldn't try to repair the old one. I saw that someone had a pdf for fixing this problem. Is there a way to get that PDF?

Mine is leaking at on the right side in the front. It still prints but sounds like it's dying when it does.

HP Recommended

Hello Kevin or HP rep.   I just discovered a heaping pile of black ink on the back right side of the printer. It is all over the bottom of the main printer body. I can't get to where it seems to be coming from and have drained all out of it I can. Unfortunatly you can help but get this ink all over you and much of everything around you in doing anything with this printer. I am sitting here wondering how this ink didn' make it to the paper I use and ends up down here. Perhaps a scheme to get you buy more ink cartridges?   Incredible mess. I have no idea what this fluid is made of but it has given me hives and I had to take some benedryl to cure this.  I am okay now but am quite upset with such a mess inside my printer.  This is a health and safety issue for sure. This is a HP 8500A -  A910N model ( cm758a)  and a refurbed one at that as my first one developed a scanner head flex cable issue early one.   Please connect me in a private email to someone that can get a replacement printer here.  End of year taxes coming up and I use this for 2 of my businesses.  I appreciate your help.  Regards...   ~Mike

HP Recommended

@mysharrona

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.