Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi SignLine,

The document I provided is for feeding issues. In the document it explains how to clean the pickup and separator tires, which should resolve the multiple page pick up.

Do you have any ink error messages on the 8500 printer?

if so, what is the error message?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hiya,

It's not a feed issue, it feeds in fine, it prints a sheet fine, done, but when it has it then part takes in the next sheet afterwards, then when you want to print again it takes the sheet part fed in and spits it out blank, then it prints what it is supposed to as it should, then it takes in another sheet, partly, and the infernal cycle continues, it isn't a feed issue, it is a software or hardware issue.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

And this does have an error at times too, the other error is for the 3300 so ignore I ever said that, on the 8500 the error I just got for no reason and it just cancelled out, 0x61011bef

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi SignLine,

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836 for this Ox error message. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

We have the a909

HP Recommended

Hi rjlrls,

Cartridges have their own warranty out side of the normal warranty on the printer. If the cartridges are leaking you will need to call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Pro 8500 is the a909g.

To contact support, well, go on your map, nav to UK, no numbers, I can buy a ticket, pay for more warranty, a service, but you can't just ring HP and speak to someone about your HP product, the very idea of it!!

HP Recommended

Hi SignLine,

Cartridges have their own warranty out side of the normal warranty on the printer. If you feel that the cartridges have leaked into the printer, and the cartridges are still in warranty you will need to call the following number to reach customer support in the UK.

In-Warranty & Out-of-Warranty
0845 161 0030

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

The cartridges do not leak, the waste ink container on bottom right of the printer as you look at it is where it is leaking out of the bottom of the printer onto my lovely desk, and it also leaks into the inner right corner of the paper feed tray.

As it is doing this and as you say I should be able to print 20,000 a month or whatever you said, and I'm doing about 600 can I get it seen to on the basis that it fails to print what it is designed to be able to print, as in unfit for purpose.

I'll try that number maybe but I won't hold my breath that I'll get any help.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

We can'r even print now as there is so much ink leaking from underneath the capping station and into the paper feed tray, decided I need to get it apart, clean out the muck, put it back together, I can unclip the grey surround to a point but don't want to break it and can I even get to the waste ink tray from the outside?

If so, how?

I don't really want to pay for an engineer to come out to sort something out that shouldn't need sorting and after what must be 2 decades now of using HP I'm all up for taking a sledge hammer to this HOS (heap of ....) and buy Canon to replace the lot, got 4 HP printers, HP laptop, wider format HP printer for building plans, it can all go.

No longevity, support that is worse than Microsoft who have finally stopped hiding, poor system with even the duplexer struggling at times, paper jam, no there isn't!!!!!!!!!!! and everything else, it makes me as a user sick to the back teeth of HP. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.