Question

SQS Top Student
Top Student
SQS
Message 1 of 8 (155 Views)

Ink problem c309-n-s

HP Solution center indicte all is well.  However in test colors are fine but black is extremely light - its a new cartridge. I did print align, etc.  No help.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 8 (137 Views)

Re: Ink problem c309-n-s

The document here has troubleshooting steps that may help resolve black not printing on your Photosmart c309.  Be sure to check the vents.  If the above does not resolve the problem the post here may help.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

SQS Top Student
Top Student
SQS
Message 3 of 8 (125 Views)

I took your suggestions.  Toolbox says everything is okay.  Provides ink levels. While making a copy of a document all colors print except black.  There a re few areas on the coly result where you can see  very very light black letttering - bit only ion a few places. Most of the black leterring does not show up

I look forward to your help.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 8 (123 Views)

Did you go through all the steps in the document here?  Be sure to check the vents as shown in solution six, step three.   If the above does not resolve the problem the post here may help.

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

SQS Top Student
Top Student
SQS
Message 5 of 8 (120 Views)

Thanks for your quick response. Its greatly appreciated  I have tried all suggestions.  A tried alignment once again -  it came back with "alignment failed"  Since, all of the colors seem to work except black - cannot io be that somewhere the electronics for black is in failure mode.  The cartridge is new.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 6 of 8 (117 Views)

The alignment will fail if black is not printing.  It is highly unlikely the issue is electrical.

Did you check the vents in the black ink supply as I suggested twice before?

Did you soak the printhead as mentioned in the links I gave above?

Student
gary4023
Message 7 of 8 (111 Views)

I am having the same problem with black ink. Changed cartridge, checked vent, cleaned printhead.

Black letters are kind of a light gray, on all test pages. Installed new printhead with new cartridges.

Still no luck. Heip!!

Thx gary

SQS Top Student
Top Student
SQS
Message 8 of 8 (103 Views)

I tried everything you suggested, more than once in some cases. I will try soaking again.  What about the pins on the nonremovable carriage.  I wiped them clean and looked at them  with a hand lens and saw nothing unusual.  The printer had been excellent up to this time for many years.  So it is a great disappointment.

It is strange that there is an attempt to use the black ink, only afew letters appear  out of mahy and then only very lightly.

If I need a new printhead, I can't find where to buy it.  And if the new one doesn't work, can it be returned?

Thanks, again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation