02-25-2014 01:52 PM
Hi jgstary, sorry to hear that you are getting an Ink system failure on your printer. I see that you have already done the reset's on your printer. One other step I would like you to take is to please make sure you have the Power cable connected to a wall outlet and NOT in a Power Bar/Strip. HP printers already have a built in surge protector and if you have it in a Bar/Strip, the printer will not get all the power needed to function properly and it will cause false errors on the display screen. Here is a document that explains the issues with the Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector . Once you have the printer back on, if you are still getting the “Ink system failure” error, please click on the following link to troubleshoot 'Ink System Failure' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error Message Displays on the Front Panel .
If the issue is still on the screen, please contact HP Total Care at 1-800-474-6836 or if you are outside North America, please Contact HP Worldwide.
Thanks for your time.
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?