05-12-2014 08:49 AM
HPOfficejet6500A -Replaced low in ink HP Inkjet 920 Cartridge with exact duplicate....error message say new cartridge damage dor missing. Return empty previous cartridge , accepts old cartridge and goes returns to ready to print status with original low ink message, but does print..2nd new cartridge tried. same message, again return old cartridge, printer works but hsowing low in status as original state..??
05-14-2014 09:35 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Forums!
I understand you receive the error " The ink cartridge appears to be missing or damaged" when using a replacement cartridge on your HP Officejet 6500A printer.
If you have not already done so, please try the steps in the following link to see if that resolves the issue:
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?