Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I need to get a cartridge refilled and was wondering if I could get an 60XL refill on a regular 60 size cartridge.  I would assume they're the same size but just more or less ink.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The external package size is the same for the 60 and 60XL cartrdiges.  There may be internal differences.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying.  I figured that the cartridge size must be the same because I don't think a bigger cartridge would fit, but I've never seen an XL cartridge.  I'm not sure it would be worth the manufacturing cost to make something different on the inside.  Do you know what's inside?  Is it empty space or is there some kind of sponge material.  If it's something like a sponge they may put different sizes in.  I went ahead and purchased a remanfactured 60 tricolor, but when I need the black replaced I may get it refilled and ask the company if they know or just tell them to fill it with the 60 amount and keep going.

HP Recommended

There is foam inside to keep the ink from leaking out.  The foam type may be different for the 60 vs. the 60xl to accomodate the different fill, I do not know.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

If any difference the size or density of the foam may be it.  If I find out I'll post it here. Thanks again

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.