Question

Student
Pembo
Message 1 of 2 (101 Views)

Is there a difference in ink?

Hi,

I'm currently looking to purchase a printer and have come across the following models. Deskjet, Envy, Photo smart and Officejet. I'm fully aware that all the printers have different toner cartridges but I would to know is the pigment ink used in all these models the same or is there a difference?

Is black toner used in the office jet (950xl) and photo smart (364xl, not photo black the standard black) the same pigment ink or is there a difference? Same question applies to colour toner pigment inks.

Thank you!

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 2 (81 Views)

Re: Is there a difference in ink?

The 364 cartridges use pigmented ink for black and dye based inks for color and photo.  The 950/951 cartridges used pigmented ink for both black and color. The inks are different.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation