03-10-2014 12:26 PM
I'm currently looking to purchase a printer and have come across the following models. Deskjet, Envy, Photo smart and Officejet. I'm fully aware that all the printers have different toner cartridges but I would to know is the pigment ink used in all these models the same or is there a difference?
Is black toner used in the office jet (950xl) and photo smart (364xl, not photo black the standard black) the same pigment ink or is there a difference? Same question applies to colour toner pigment inks.
03-10-2014 08:37 PM
The 364 cartridges use pigmented ink for black and dye based inks for color and photo. The 950/951 cartridges used pigmented ink for both black and color. The inks are different.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?