Question

Student
mara4712
Message 1 of 2 (109 Views)

Is there a replacement for the cartridge carrier for HP Officejet 7310 all-in-one?

The black ink cartridge holder has a spring that is attached by plastic brackets.  One of the brackets has broken and the spring pops out when the cartridge carrier is in the print position.  Did the partial reset, but this did not correct it.

Tell me where I can actually get replacement parts or do I just need to forget about it because it might be cheaper to purchase another printer.  The printer is an HP OFFICEJET 7310 ALL-IN-ONE. 

Thanks for your cooperation in this matter.  A reply will be greatly appreciated.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 2 (98 Views)

Re: Is there a replacement for the cartridge carrier for HP Officejet 7310 all-in-one?

If the flex circuit has not been damaged by the spring it may be possible to use a small bit of epoxy to put the spring back in place.  If the flex has been punctured then you would need a new carriage.  The post here shows a picture of flex damage for reference.

If the flex is damaged it would likely not be economical to repair.  Changing the carriage is not really a user replaceable part, and the HP Partsurfer Site lists the Officejet 7310 as being at end of support life in 2006.  The carriage is not listed with a part number.

I often pick up used printers at thrift shops, you might find another Officejet 7310 or the Officejet 7410 for $20 - $40.

If you are going to replace the printer you might consider the Officejet 8600.  The standard version is similar in features to the 7310, but with better speed and more economical printing.  The Officejet 8600 Plus is like the Offcieejt 7410, it supports duplex printing and scanning.

[As a frequent contributor to the HP Consumer Forum HP provides me with loaner equipment to keep me current on recent HP offerings.  I have had the Officejet 8600 Plus for nearly a year now and I really like that printer.]

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation