Question

Honor Student
RogersHSV
Message 1 of 3 (80 Views)

Just out-of-box Q2613x won't work in HPLJ 1300

I've had a Q2613X sitting in the box for a while (got a good deal from a business that was getting rid of excess cartridges). It was still sealed in the black plastic bag. Recently my in-use Q2613A ran out of toner, and I put in the 13X. The orange light blinks with the 13X. If I put the 13A back in, the light goes green, but there's no toner, so... Is there anything I can do to get the 13X to function? I've tried unplugging and rebooting (holding Go button while powering up) the printer, but the end result is the same. When I turn the 1300 back on, the motor spins, the lights go through their rotation, but end up on flashing orange, and it doesn't work. (And just to repeat, putting the old 13A in gets me back to green light status, so I don't think this is a printer issue.)

Is there something perhaps going on with the chip on the 13X cartridge? What can I try to get my use out of this "new" toner cartridge?

Thanks.

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 3 (58 Views)

Re: Just out-of-box Q2613x won't work in HPLJ 1300

Hi RogersHSV,

I suspect your question would be better answered in the HP Enterprise Business Community,  as the HP Laserjet 1300 is a commercial model.

My technical expertise is with consumer products and software, I am sure the commercial folks would be happy to help if you re-post your question for them to answer. The HP Enterprise Business Community is an HP Forum designed for the Commercial and Enterprise customers to help one another. I am sure you will find some HP folks there to help too.

Click here to log into the commercial forum > HP Enterprise Business Community

You may find the HP LaserJet 1300 Printer series page helpful while you wait for somebody in the commercial Forum to respond to your inquiry.

Best of luck.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, to say thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
RogersHSV
Message 3 of 3 (56 Views)

Re: Just out-of-box Q2613x won't work in HPLJ 1300

Thanks - I've posted in the Laserjet area of the business side... (but for what it's worth, this has always been a personal/family printer here :smileyhappy: )

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation