K5400 printhead replacement (268 Views)
Top Student
westwood1
Message 1 of 3 (268 Views)
Accepted Solution

K5400 printhead replacement

I had to replace the black/yellow printhead on my K5400 officejet pro printer a couple of months ago for the first time since purchasing the printer a few years ago.

The printhead appears to have gone again as the printhead light and power light are flashing. I've followed the manual and cleaned the heads, turned the power on & off etc.; all the usual troubleshooting, but to no avail.

Is it possible for the printhead to go again so quickly?

I do do a lot of printing, but no more than I have done since purchasing the printer. 

I'm reluctant to fork out for another printhead if this is going to become a common problem, and would rather put the money towards a new printer, but in the meantime, I'm without a printer. 

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 3 (230 Views)

Re: K5400 printhead replacement

Hi westwood1

Did you get additional warranty with the replacement printhead? How long ago did you get it?

Thanks

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Top Student
westwood1
Message 3 of 3 (221 Views)

Re: K5400 printhead replacement

Ciara,

No additional warranty. We purchased the printhead from an ebay seller in July this year.

Since posting my initial message on here, we've purchased a printhead from HP & the printer is working fine.

Hope this one lasts a bit longer than its predecessor!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation