Question

Honor Student
blaskat
Message 1 of 4 (80 Views)

L7590 prints part of page fine, then the black ink stops. Print 2nd page, same thing.

Worked fine until I replaced the black ink (genuine HP cartridge).  Now it only prints 1/4 to 1/3 of a page properly until the black quits. Sound like faulty ink cartridge or need new printhead? 

Retired
Cheetah12
Message 2 of 4 (68 Views)

Re: L7590 prints part of page fine, then the black ink stops. Print 2nd page, same thing.

Hello blaskat,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand your Officejet L7590 stop printing black ink at times. I will do my best to assist you! Please follow this entire HP document on Fixing Ink Streaks, Faded Prints, and Other Common Print Quality Problems.

Try printing a quality diagnostic report and clean the printhead a couple of times until you receive satisfactory quality. I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Have a great night! :smileyhappy:

I worked on behalf of HP.
Honor Student
blaskat
Message 3 of 4 (65 Views)

Re: L7590 prints part of page fine, then the black ink stops. Print 2nd page, same thing.

I have

1. checked the ink tubes,
  2. aligned the printheads,
  3. done a power reboot,
  4. used the automated tool to clean the printheads a half-dozen times,
  5. and cleaned them manually with a q-tip and distilled water.

All with the same results.

Retired
Cheetah12
Message 4 of 4 (57 Views)

Thank you for this information.

I would recommend contacting HP technical support for further assistance. Click here to find out: HP Worldwide Contact.

Good luck.

I worked on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation