Question

Honor Student
blaskat
Message 1 of 4 (70 Views)

L7590 prints part of page fine, then the black ink stops. Print 2nd page, same thing.

Worked fine until I replaced the black ink (genuine HP cartridge).  Now it only prints 1/4 to 1/3 of a page properly until the black quits. Sound like faulty ink cartridge or need new printhead? 

Distinguished Professor
Cheetah12
Message 2 of 4 (58 Views)

Re: L7590 prints part of page fine, then the black ink stops. Print 2nd page, same thing.

Hello blaskat,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand your Officejet L7590 stop printing black ink at times. I will do my best to assist you! Please follow this entire HP document on Fixing Ink Streaks, Faded Prints, and Other Common Print Quality Problems.

Try printing a quality diagnostic report and clean the printhead a couple of times until you receive satisfactory quality. I will be looking forward to hearing from you.

Have a great night! :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
blaskat
Message 3 of 4 (55 Views)

Re: L7590 prints part of page fine, then the black ink stops. Print 2nd page, same thing.

I have

1. checked the ink tubes,
  2. aligned the printheads,
  3. done a power reboot,
  4. used the automated tool to clean the printheads a half-dozen times,
  5. and cleaned them manually with a q-tip and distilled water.

All with the same results.

Distinguished Professor
Cheetah12
Message 4 of 4 (47 Views)

Thank you for this information.

I would recommend contacting HP technical support for further assistance. Click here to find out: HP Worldwide Contact.

Good luck.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation