Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

How can I stop my printer sending this message when I am using a non HP Toner?

When this message is active I can not scan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found an article for another Laserjet that has the error code within its matrix:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01931013

The only available information is that the cartridge that was inserted, and is being used, has experienced prior use. This error is to warn you of this circumstance, as used supplies can damage your product. Certain safeguards may not be available or may no longer be active with used supplies.

Have you tried installing a new HP cartridge? 

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. 🙂

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hey Eliud,

can you double check that error message for accuracy? I'm familiar with an error message: non hp supplies in use but unforunately I can not find information related to 'used supplies in use'. Any extra info will help!

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. 🙂

HP Recommended
Daniel,
The printer does not give me any other messages.  That is the exact message that I am getting.  I get the error message every time I print.
Your message and mine seems to mean the same thing.
HP Recommended

I found an article for another Laserjet that has the error code within its matrix:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01931013

The only available information is that the cartridge that was inserted, and is being used, has experienced prior use. This error is to warn you of this circumstance, as used supplies can damage your product. Certain safeguards may not be available or may no longer be active with used supplies.

Have you tried installing a new HP cartridge? 

HP Recommended
Thank you Daniel. I will try installing a new HP cartridge. Thank you again.
HP Recommended

Good afternoon, I bought a new printer  LaserJet M1212 nf and shows that alarm USED SUPPLY IN USE. what would be the correct procedure to solve this problem?please help me

HP Recommended

Exactly!  Same error message here on New M1212nf with original HP cartridge after very low usage.  Very annoying and inaccurate message will not go away, but still prints.

HP Recommended

The message used supply in used means the catridge is not geniune need to replacement..

HP Recommended

I have a HP catrige in the machine, bought is form HP shop. What can be the problem, and how do I fix it!!!!

HP Recommended

Followed this link, but the result is not forLaserJet M1212nf

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.