Question

Top Student
stillstonevisio
Message 1 of 5 (83 Views)

Light cyan doesn't print

Recently on my Photosmart c7280, my light cyan quit printing completely under most circumstances, including:

1. When I print a photo

2. When I do the alignment test.

However, when I print the Test Page or the Self Test Diagnostic Page, all color squares print normally, including light-cyan.

I have already changed the light-cyan cartridge, which was not empty and I have run every cleaning, alignment, and diagnostic check listed on this website on troubleshooting.  Nothing has worked.

Since the cartridge obviously is printing fine some of the time, I'm suspecting an internal software issue.  I wonder if there is any kind of secret "reset" for this printer which might restore its full function. 

Thank you,

Paul

HP Support Agent
Waterboy71
Message 2 of 5 (65 Views)

Re: Light cyan doesn't print

Hi stillstonevisio,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see that you are having an issue with the colours not printing properly. So I can better assist you, Please respond with which Operating System you are running.

Which Windows Operating System am I running?

Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?

Thank you for your time.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
stillstonevisio
Message 3 of 5 (52 Views)

I am running Windows 8.1  64 bit.

HP Support Agent
Waterboy71
Message 4 of 5 (47 Views)

Hi again stillstonevisio,

Thank you for getting back to me with the Windows operating system. 

I do have a few steps that I would like you to try.  If by chance you have the printer power cable connected to a power bar/strip, please remove it and plug the power cable directly to a wall outlet.  Here is a document that explains the Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector.

Please note that the printer listed in the document is a LaserJet printer and is only used as an example.  The document i meant for HP products in general.

Another option would be to uninstall the software and drivers and then click on the following link for the HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers.  This download is specifically for WIndows 8.1.

If the troubleshooting does not help resolve your issue, I would then suggest calling HP's Technical Support to see about further options for you. If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all other regions, click here: click here.

Thank you once again for your time.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
stillstonevisio
Message 5 of 5 (45 Views)

Plugging in directly to wall outlet did not resolve the problem.  I will try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers soon.  If I do have to contact tech support, is there a way to get free support or do I have to pay for that?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation